Progress Labs at Riverside
The new Progress Labs at Riverside builds on a legacy of successful biopharmaceutical and biotech research, manufacturing, and office facilities in and around Frederick, Maryland and answers the market's demand for modern R&D space. Tailored to the specific needs of bio tech / life science companies, with all the necessary electrical, mechanical and plumbing requirements.
The new facility will consists of:
- A new high-bay manufacturing and warehouse building.
- 77,000 SF footprint
- Up to 116,000 SF with mezzanine/second floor
- An existing 92,100 SF three-story office building, which will be updated and transformed into a state-of-the-art integrated and interconnected biotech workplace.
- A connecting link that unites the existing space with the new space and contains the main entry lobby to the south and service and truck dock space to the north.
- A secure outdoor equipment and service yard that supports the manufacturing and laboratory facilities.
- Generous, well-lit parking for staff and visitors.
- 1st Floor: 30,700 SF
- 2nd Floor: 30,700 SF
- 3rd Floor: 30,700 SF
- Subtotal: 92,100 SF
Proposed New Building
- 1st Floor: 77,052 SF
- Mezzanine: 38,825 SF
- Subtotal: 115,877 SF
Total: 207,997 SF
- Ceiling Height: 36' clear (new bldg), 13' 4" (existing bldg)
- Column Spacing: 44'x40' (new bldg), 32'x49' (existing bldg)
- Parking: 790 spaces or 3.5/1,000
- Truck Drops: 4
- Sanitary: Existing 6" connection
- Power: First Energy
- Water: City of Frederick, 3" domestic incoming service line
- Gas: Washington Gas, 2" line with 40.0 PSI
- Electric: Potomac Edison, 3,500 AMPS 480/277V 3P 4W
- Fiber: Comcast, FiberLight, Dark Fiber
- Fire Suppression: 100% sprinkler coverage
- Secure outdoor equipment & service yard
Site Overview & Amenities
- Neighbors with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Regional Headquarters
- Adjacent to the National Cancer Institute's 332,088 square foot National Laboratory
- 4.5 acre amenity park features a pond, fountains, walking paths, seating areas, and a covered pavilion
- 5-mile walking and bicycling trail connects to more than 40 miles of Frederick paths
- Next door to Clustered Spires, Frederick's best public golf course
- Less than 2 miles from top-tier retail at Clemson Corner and Market Square
- Quick and easy access to I-70, I-270, US-15 and downtown Frederick
- 48 miles to Washington, DC and 49 miles to Baltimore, MD
- Less than an hour drive from three of the nation's busiest airports, Dulles, BWI and Washington National, as well as the Port of Baltimore
- Only 3.5 miles from Frederick Municipal Airport, the third busiest general aviation airports in Maryland
- Direct connect with MARC train service to Washington, DC
- Within 5 miles of the gates of Fort Detrick and NCI-Frederick National Labs