Recognized by the Washington Post as the #1 Top Workplace in the Washington D.C area among small businesses. Want to join our amazing team? Available positions will be posted below. All resumes should be sent to email@example.com.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Under the regular supervision of the Assistant Controller, the Accounts Payable Clerk administers the accounts payable functions of the company by managing and processing invoices and check requests in a timely manner and within established deadlines.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices received for payment, including all backup documentation slips, contract information and purchase orders.
- Cost coding and data entry of all invoices in accounts payable automation software program (AvidXchange) and MRI.
- Resolves all prior/outstanding balances on invoices, reconciles vendor inquiries and monthly vendor statements.
- Ensure invoice approvals are obtained prior to payment processing cycle.
- Processing of regular payment of invoices, to include Utility bills.
- Maintains vendor database and obtains vendor identification numbers through the vendor’s W9.
- Processes year end 1099s.
- Works with Treasury Manager to resolve outstanding checks per bank reconciliations.
- Responds to the department directors, property managers, co-workers and vendors on all accounts payable questions
- Assist property managers and other co-workers in proper GL coding of invoices for processing.
- Reconciles and posts batches
- Participate in and support process improvement and system enhancement projects, and proactively identify ongoing opportunities for such improvements.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects as they arise.
- A minimum of 2 years professional work experience required.
- College degree or credits in applicable discipline preferred. Minimum requirement is a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high-pressure environment, to prioritize tasks and adapt to quick changes while remaining diligent
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook required, MRI experience is highly preferred.
- Composed demeanor, professional appearance, positive attitude and customer-oriented approach are priorities for this position.
- Ability to keep processes moving forward and take initiative as appropriate.
- Should be self-directed and motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and demonstrate quick turnaround, detailed follow through and completes independent follow up
- Must be reliable, dependable with excellent attendance, flexible and versatile.
Matan is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, veteran or disability status.