Recognized by the Washington Post as the #1 Top Workplace in the Washington D.C area among small businesses. Want to join our amazing team? Available positions will be posted below. All resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Matan Companies is looking to hire a Project Manager for Stafford/Fredericksburg, VA to support their Development team. The Project Manager plays an integral role in the execution of portfolio-wide strategies and the development of value within the real estate asset portfolio. The Project Manager is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of a construction project, including but not limited to reviewing submittals, RFI’s, and potential change orders.
The successful candidate will be able to multitask on several different projects at one time. Can collaborate and works well within a team structure environment but is self-motivated, detail-oriented, a good communicator, well-spoken and written. This candidate must demonstrate an ability to meet deadlines while delivering quality work in a fast-paced environment coupled with an ownership mindset.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overseeing multiple active construction projects of various types (base building construction – Commercial and Industrial)
- Review / Approval of Submittals
- Review / Approval of Requests for Information
- Review / Approval of Potential Change Orders
- Ensure quality of construction per plans and specifications
- Assist in preliminary pricing of upcoming projects
- Review / Comment on designs for constructability issues – help guide overall project design.
- Manage Building Permit Processes in numerous jurisdictions around the Metro DC region.
- Manage bid process and Contractor selection, including bid comparison.
- Construction Contract review and preparation
- Scheduling / Forecasting for projects
- Managing ongoing project costs
- Managing the Investors’ expectations during the project
- Foster relationships with Contractors and Tenants
- Collaborate with other Departments within the Company ensuring transparency.
- 5+ years’ experience as a commercial construction project manager/assistant project manager
- 5+ years’ experience in project bid processes and CPM project scheduling
- Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
Recommended Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Strong customer service skills
- Well-versed in all Microsoft programs
- Knowledge of the International Building Code
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods
- Accountable, professional, and a positive attitude
Matan is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, veteran or disability status.