Now Hiring! Maintenance Engineer
23 March 2018
Property Manager / Chief Engineer / Assistant Chief Engineer / Lead Engineer*
Proactively perform necessary service, repair and maintenance of equipment and consistently improve building operations to ensure that tenants receive the highest quality comfort, safety and services we can provide. Such operations include, but are not limited to: maintain and operate large and small scale HVAC systems, electrical systems, emergency generators, plumbing systems, boiler systems, control systems, fire and life safety systems, and their support equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties of Engineer l as directed
- Operate and maintain water chillers, cooling towers, boilers, pumps, heat exchangers, air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls, electrical equipment, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, valves, plumbing fixtures, and other mechanical and electrical equipment and systems in buildings.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment such as filter changes, lubrication, inspection, and adjustment of belts and pulleys.
- Replace equipment parts, such as motors, pulleys, belts, controls etc., as directed.
- Clean boiler and condenser tubes.
- Clean and maintain cooling towers and replace belts and bearings.
- Check and record temperature, pressure, water flow, air flow, and water treatment chemical readings.
- Respond to tenant service calls. Perform duties required to correct emergency situations such as sewer back-ups and water infiltration. If in need of assistance, contact Assistant Chief Engineer or Chief Engineer.
- Assist in removing snow and ice from the outside of buildings (where applicable).
- Perform locksmith duties.
- Work on special projects as directed.
- May patrol and inspect assigned building.
- May train less experienced engineers as directed.
- May work after hours or overtime as requested, including weekends and holidays.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require the use of a personal or company vehicle to drive between properties or to supplies vendors.
Note: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Four years of experience in a trade (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, VAV boxes, and water treatment systems, etc.)
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions; and
- Experience with pneumatic and ddc controls
- Experience using computers. Email, Word, Excel, (EMS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Universal CFC Certification
- General certificate of engineering
- Stationary Engineers license
While performing the duties of Engineer II, the employee is regularly required to stand; to walk; to use hands and arms to handle, feel and reach. The employee frequently is required to sit; stoop, crouch, or crawl; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell and frequently work from ladders of all types and sizes. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in order to differentiate items such as wire identification and colors associated with identifying chill water lines, condenser water lines, fire alarm systems and hazard identification tags.
While performing the duties of Engineer II, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, building equipment and tools. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. (Note: The Engineer Il should not, under any circumstance, work on any 480 volt electrical system unless he or she has been properly trained and certified and authorized. Moreover, the Lead Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer or Chief Engineer must be present while servicing any 480 volt system). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Accordingly, the Engineer II must be knowledgeable in safety aspects of any function before performing any task in that area.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com
Matan Companies is an equal opportunity employer.