Now Hiring! Analyst, Asset Management
Analyst, Asset Management
The Matan Companies is looking to hire an Analyst to support their Asset Management Team in their corporate office located in Frederick, Maryland.
The Asset Management Analyst plays an integral role in the execution of portfolio-wide Asset Management strategies and development of value within the real estate asset portfolio. This role is involved in all aspects of the managing and reporting process including underwriting, budgeting, appraisals and valuation, project monitoring and strategic financing.
The ideal candidate must have an excellent academic background and strong cognitive ability, and a demonstrated ability to problem solve with minimal direction and supervision. High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to manage time effectively, and ability to compile information and create timely reports on an as needed basis are a must. The chosen candidate has an extraordinary opportunity to make a real impact on the future growth of the company. In addition, we are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities include creating and analyzing detailed financial spreadsheets, conducting market research and analysis, compiling information packages for presentation purposes and financing, and comprehensive underwriting and due diligence related to acquisitions, financings and dispositions. The Analyst will be involved throughout the life cycle of the real estate investment process, from acquisition/development to ongoing asset management and then disposition.
- Creation and updating of detailed financial models in Excel for new acquisitions and existing owned assets
- Creating, managing and updating asset management reports, project budgets, schedules, business plans and management of project budgets and schedules
- Comprehensive due diligence responsibilities on acquisitions and financings
- Preparing market research and comparable analyses to facilitate investment decisions
- Creating and managing presentation packages for internal and external reporting
- Participation in reporting to firm principals
- Collaboration with accounting and property management staff to complete ongoing and project reporting for the firm’s investments
- Development of budgets and long-term capital planning with regard to recurring and non-recurring capital projects, including development/expansion and major upgrade projects
- Other duties as assigned
BA/BS Undergraduate Degree, preferably with a concentration in Real Estate, Finance, Construction/Development and/or Business
Demonstrated real estate specific work experience, including 1-3 years’ of meaningful financial analysis
- Strong analytical skills and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to create, modify and analyze financial spreadsheets and calculate investment returns (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other MS suite program experience also required)
- Experience using Argus Enterprise is highly preferred
- Exposure to financial modeling and discounted cash flow analysis
- Understanding of real estate valuation concepts highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting and construction a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple tasks
- Be competent with detailed data collection and analysis
- Candidates should possess the ability to rapidly develop strong skills in the areas of valuation modeling, appraisal analysis, joint venture structures and yield modeling
Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Matan Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.