Matan Companies Welcomes Three New Tenants and Signs Three Lease Renewals at 270 Corporate Center in Germantown
Germantown, MD - Matan Companies announced today that it has recently concluded six lease transactions, totaling 34,115 square feet, at its 270 Corporate Center project in Germantown, Maryland. Matan has owned the 4-building, 450,000 square foot project since 2000 and recently restructured the financing for the project. In addition to the renovation of all the common areas of 20250 Century Boulevard, Matan plans an additional $5M in capital improvements to the project over the next year, which will include, amongst other improvements and amenities, the delivery of a 36-seat conference center, a 3,000 square foot fitness center with a yoga studio, and a renovated courtyard with a public Wi-Fi network and outdoor seating. Additionally, Matan is close to announcing a lease with a Cordon Bleu trained chef as the café operator, who will use locally sourced ingredients across the seasonally designed menu.
Matan’s new leases include the following:
· Girl Scouts Council of the Nation’s Capital signed a new lease for 3,551 square feet of office space on the first floor at 20201 Century Boulevard. Bill Zonghetti of Newmark represented the tenant in this transaction.
· Integrated Embedded, LLC signed a new lease for 3,498 square feet of office space on the third floor at 20251 Century Boulevard. James Legat of Summit represented the tenant in this transaction.
· Northgate Environmental Management signed a new lease for 1,616 square feet of office space at 20251 Century Boulevard.
Matan’s lease renewals/expansions are as follows:
· VIKA signed a renewal/expansion for 19,145 square feet of office space on the fourth floor of 20251 Century Boulevard. Jack Alexander of AMR represented the tenant in this transaction.
· TechSource renewed/expanded into 3,498 square feet of office space at 20251 Century Boulevard.
· Systematic Management Services renewed 2,889 square feet of office space at 20201 Century Boulevard.
“We are equally excited about our new leases and renewals,” said JP Matan, Director of Leasing at Matan Companies. “New leases are a sign that our message about the rebirth of 270 Corporate Center is resonating with brokers and their clients, while renewals are proof that we are delivering on our promises.”